1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer plow ag 7.5

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by ACA L&L, Oct 24, 2008.

1. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

hello all.
    we are buying a new myer plow (ag 7.5) the express mount. We are getting it for 3800.00 installed with the warranty. My question is how does this plow match up to the others. (western, fisher and so on) We have a western 7'6" right now. I would buy the same but we dont have 6 gs for it. I do however have 3800.00. Its going on either my 75 chevy 3/4 ton camper special or our newer 04 dodge 2500. Not sure why im debating this other than the chevy has a new eng and tranny, tires,brakes and has been a super solid truck. Any feedback would be great, i guess im lookin to hear that we will be happy with this plow, I am not very familiar with meyer as i am with western. it will be used for small commercial lots, ie: offices, condos and so forth)Thanks.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Are you planning to have someone custom build you a mount to accept the express series plow if you decide to install it on the '75?

3. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

Personally I'd go with a MDII plus system rather than the Express, you should be able to put a set of brackets on either or both trucks, then you could have a real choice, jmho

4. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

From what i understand u need to fab a truck mount for the chevy, if this is the case we wil be putting plow on dodge.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Thats correct, which is why I asked. No express series mount for the old trucks.

6. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

im confident that we will be happy putting the plow on the dodge. its been super reliable and its one heck of a tuff truck. Now in your profesional opinion do u think that this plow is comparable to the western pro plow 7 6'? or other plows available? I have to go to colorado springs to get it put on, so i have not put eyes on her as of yet. The guy said it would do just fine plowing small commercial which is what we do. No walmart size parking lots. We do however have some accounts on the side of the mountain. small buisness properties, getting there is sometimes tricky to say the least. A few long rock driveways but nothing to harsh. we would be plowing on average anywhere from 2" up to 6" at one time. Every ten years or so we get a bad storm where we have more than 3 or 4" to deal with.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Is the Dodge a regular cab? If its an e-cab or crew cab I'd seriously consider an 8 ft over the 7.5 unless you plan to also run a set of permanent wings or you'll have trouble clearing a wide enough path in the angle position in the turns for the trucks extended wheelbase. Plus you'll have to get the truck tight against objects (ditches, shrubs, landscaping etc) in order to get the snow back far enough off the plowed area.

8. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

its a quad cab. Our other truck is a quad cab as well. we will be putting wings on the meyer. The dealer said u can buy aftermarket ones as meyer doesnt make em for that model. Dont know why as there website has them? The diffrence in price is smal between the 7 6" and 8 . I didnt even think abot that option not sure why, but thanks for the heads up.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your not alone on that one as many don't, and end up upgrading to a wider plow after only one season...which is why I always mention it. Saves $$ in the long run. :drinkup:

Be sure to check your PM's as well. :waving:

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

8 foot is barely enough plow for a Dodge Crew Cab, particularly if it is a long bed.