1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Pivot Pin Maintenance?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by RealUpstate, Mar 21, 2010.

1. RealUpstate

RealUpstate Junior Member

I was putting my STP 7.5 away for the season and decided to install the grease fitting equipped pins that I bought in November. I had my first plow for 12 years and didn't know about these, but when they failed on my second plow last year they got my attention. I had to go to a shop to replace them (with plenty of torch on my "P" plow) and they used the non grase fitting variety. It took me so long to get one out. Then it looked like they used Neverseize, not grease. Good idea? I didn't have any, greased it up and put it back in. Thinking I'll buy Neverseize and do them both in the Fall. I've never seen Neverseize in a grease tube so I'm rethinking the use of the grease fitting equipped pins. Are there any procedures/tools to speed up the withdrawl process? Appreciate any help.