1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Pistol control

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mcline86, Feb 11, 2010.

1. mcline86

mcline86 Junior Member
    from MA

hey guys, we have a Meyer ST 7.5 plow with pistol grip control. we bought the truck with it already on it, only having one year of use on the plow. we noticed when using the pistol grip all the directionals work fine but when your plowing snow sometimes and go to lift the plow, sometimes it responds instantly, other times it responds like 3 seconds later. its pretty annoying when your trying not to mess up ppls lawns or whatever. anyone else have this problem or heard of this?

and its not due to lack of tension on the chain, because when you press it and it works you will hear it working, when it is delayed u will be pressing the button and then a few seconds later the hydrolic makes noise and goes up...

2. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

mine is bunk too. old joystick always responded
    they are not the best at responding. I just got used to it. sometimes its m y finger i think but many times the controller is not responding(maybe because button is not contacting correctly because of angle i push it in at not sure)

3. mcline86

mcline86 Junior Member
    from MA

yeah our old MMI fisher plow with the joystick responds awesome. i was thinking the same thing about it not contacting because of how i was pressing it, so i made an effort today when using it to push it pretty hard everytime, and sometimes it was good sometimes it was delayed still........ reguardless of my pushing it hard everytime.

can u hook up a mounted joystick like the fisher plows have? or does it have to be Meyers?

4. naturalgreen

i dont know about other controllers
    i sometimes think it is because i am constantly adjusting it and the controller is made to only go a couple seconds then it shuts down so there is not a huge battery drain. i wonder if i switch from one button then hit raise button maybe it thinks that i am still holding down other button and time is out. just a theory not a really educated one so if someone knows something better tell me dont just say i am wrong. well i guess you can say im wrong. It only happens every once in a while and i have huge lots so it isnt too annoying but now that i think about it there are some times i am going to angle and nothing so i push harder or push again and it goes.

5. naturalgreen

now i also assume it is because i have been plowing for hours and who knows if i am not dragging finger or lazily pressing button. glaze sets in