1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer or Diamond

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by gamberbull13, Feb 14, 2010.

1. gamberbull13

gamberbull13 Senior Member

Gonna buy a new moldboard here soon and was looking at the lot pro poly 8 w/wings or the diamond edge the diamond looks like it would take more abuse than a c-8 . any and all feedback and insight appreciated
  2. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

Well I haven't hurt my C8 yet.
  3. Blaster Master

Blaster Master Junior Member

Meyer plow is a full-trip (blade flops over) vs a Diamond which is a trip-edge ( only the cutting edge trips) similar to a Fisher...

C-8 vs Lot-pro are really 2 different blades in design and construction.....
    Lot-Pro is higher and a bigger attack angle....uses a different for the ribs.....(slot&tab)

Depending on the dealer you are working with he may have old C's and Diamonds in stock...but the newset version of both blade is based on the Lot pro design....

Just go to the website www.meyerproducts.com they have a full description

Hope that helps
  4. Booman70

Booman70 Senior Member

When a full trip moldboard trips u have to stop plowing and start again trip edge just keep on goin
  5. lumpy-silmar

lumpy-silmar Junior Member

I just purchased a used Myers TM 6.5 for my 2000 GMC 1500 4x4 ext cab. The mount bracket doesn't mount to the truck (knew it wouldn't). For the experienced snowplowers......which mount do I need? PT #. I could call, but that's too east.
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You won't find a mount to install a TM series plow on a full size truck because there never was one, because the plow is too light (and too narrow) for a full size truck.
  7. tastebeer

tastebeer Member

The older Diamond plow (made before 2008) is an indestructable tough plow. If you can find one of these it will last forever. The new ones are much lighter/weaker. If you want a trip edge and can not find one of the older Diamonds, I would get a Fisher X blade or HD. The new lot pro does seem to be a good trip moldboard plow, but it will had the meyer pump system, (will become a pro at hydraulic pump repairs).
  8. procut

procut Senior Member

I'm a diehard Western fan and just happened to stumble onto this thread, but what the hell is the difference between Meyer and Diamond? I always thought they were the same.

Ok, Edit: I think I just answered my own question by looking at the website. Is "Diamond" just what they call their edge trip plow? I was thinking there was a company years back called Diamond that made plows and spreaders, though. Maybe one of you Meyer experts can fill me in.
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

There was for many years, until Meyer bought them out and absorbed their spreaders, trip edge plows, and mounting design.
  10. gamberbull13

Thanks for the input. Already have Meyer now and am gonna stay just want a new moldboard and a frame setup. What about feedback on the lot pro yet. People liking. The new design or should I just buy a used c series. Decided against the diamond since none of the local dealers stock moldboard parts. And it doesn't matter what color Yu fly being able to get parts during a storm is key
  11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Which mount series are you running?
  12. gamberbull13

ez-mount classic e-60pump&e57pump cp7.5
  13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

In that case you can't get a Lot Pro with an EZ-Classic mount because the LP's weren't released until after the EZ-Classic mounts were discontinued. So it's either buy an LP and fab it to fit the classic, or just stick with a C series.
  14. gamberbull13

son of a b!tch and i was all excited thanx aagain b&b
  15. silvercity

silvercity Senior Member

Got a new C-9 with the newer night sabers,e60,snow foil and meyers curb guards. We used it once $2500 complete.
  16. slow2000gt

slow2000gt Junior Member
    from il

hi, i have a lot pro with the classic mount. for the guys interested in feedback, i'd have to say it is a good plow. i have not had a single problem-used all last season and this season. also it is much more heavy duty than my c-series', back drags much better, pivot pins are greasable, and the meyer brand wings work nicely too. much much improved over the c's.
  17. gamberbull13

Thanks what I wanted to hear
  18. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Thats my error. Digging deep into the part books there was at least a brief overlap period with the LP and classic although I don't believe it was for very long so finding the correct A-frame may prove to be a little difficult. The moldboard will be no problem but there probably isn't many A-frames out there. Kind of a black dog combination so to speak.
  19. gamberbull13

My dealer just said that he's got two on orderfor other people and he's got a usedc8.5 ongoing too look at tommorow am
  20. gamberbull13

Don't sweat it b&b its all good. U r still the all wise and knowing