1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Nite Sabre light problem

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by szorno, Nov 3, 2003.

1. szorno

szorno Senior Member

I have a 2000 model Meyer plow with Nite Sabre lights. I went to hook everything up for the season and all looked fine. All lights worked fine until I hit the left turn signal with the headlights on. It makes my headlights do the police-style wig-wag. Bright/dim alternating between left and right. I have pulled all the left connectors and cleaned them. I also hit them with dialectric grease. Lights still flash. right side works fine. Any ideas beyond the "control box"?? This is a pain :angry:
    Help !
  2. long0

long0 Senior Member

You might want to check your grounds. I had problems ground with a new set of Nite Sabers last week. I now have everything working by drilling a hole in the removable upright, and attaching a ground to the truck frame.

Something to check

3. cnypropertysvcs

cnypropertysvcs Member

I have had a similar problem with my regular lights, both plow and rear lights on my truck- both times in my case it turned out to be a bad ground. It is amazing how your lighting can be affected if there is rust or corrosion in any of the grounds in your system.

You might be able to truobleshoot this with a jumper wire to the ground on your lights- just attach a jumper wire between a known good ground source, and the light grounds and give that a shot- you might be pleasantly surprised and get a quick and easy fix. Good luck, hope this helps!!

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

make sure your grounds are tight and clean

5. Rookieplower

Rookieplower Junior Member

thanks for asking this question. I have been busting my brain for a week now. I have the same problem. Thanks for the help.:salute: