1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Nite saber install ?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by jonw440, Oct 6, 2003.

1. jonw440

jonw440 Senior Member

I have a 2001 2500. I am confused whether I need an "adapter kit" to install the sabers on my truck. I am doing a transfer but I have NO plow lights at all. (Old ones went with previous truck). One place(CPW) tells me I need an adapter that goes with my headlights (for $32.63) anther says I dont need any adapters as they just plug into my truck wiring harness. My local dealer says he would include all "necessary wire with the new lights". Help..........
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

If i remember right, the harness kits for the sabers were vehicle specific. The dealers should be asking what vehicle this is going on, if they are not you will not get the harness that is needed to plug in the truck headlight harness.
  3. Herbie

Herbie Junior Member

I just talked to my Meyers dealer out here about the same thing.
    He said I'd need an adaptor to make the switch. Around $35
  4. penberth

penberth Member

I just bought a set of the Night Sabers from CPW. The lights come with the wiring to hook up the lights, then you need a headlight style adapter to hook into the truck. What you do is look at your factory headlight. There will be a specific number listed on it. Look this number up under the "Headlight confusion" page in the CPW catalog. This will cross reference your truck's headlight style. In other words, how many lights does the truck have? 2 or 4? etc....But CPW is right, you need the adapter.