1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Night Saber Lights

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jersey250, Dec 8, 2006.

1. jersey250

jersey250 Member

Need help, tried to wire up my night sabers on a 03 ford superduty. I got everything done went to test it and the parking light doesn't work, turn signal works, until you turn the parking light switch on then the turn signal shuts off. the lights inside the cab go crazy if the trun signals on then you turn the parking lights on the turn signal stays solid in side the cab. Any ideas would be great

2. JPO

JPO Junior Member

To help you out we need more information. How did you "wire up" the lights? Did you use the Meyer relays or did you splice the wires into the truck wires(which IMO would not be good without the use of relays).
    Without this information I could only guess that you either have a couple of wires backwards or you spliced the plowlights right into the truck wiring without using relays thus creating an overload on the system.
    So give us some more info so you can get your lights up and running!

3. jersey250

jersey250 Member

I used the modules that came with the night sabers but I think that the modules are bad, becuase when you hook up the parking lights + yellow wire. It does nothing , but when you hook up the parking lights directly to the battery they turn on I think something is wrong with the module. these are the wires I used
    ford harness meyers harness
    parking lights + brown yellow
    turn signal + brightly colored wire? green
    chassie ground black

can anyone comment did I do something wrong?
    If I can't find an answer I will hook it with relays for me its easier anyway

4. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

You probably have the wrong wiring harness, and those modules arent relays.

Try going to central parts warehouse or discount snowplow parts.

For diagrams and harness part numbers.

5. equinn2005

equinn2005 Junior Member

have you treid to contact someone who sells the nit saber laight kits you prob have somethign worng or bad itesm call 800-268-3562 ext 2 and ask for parts and request a catalog www.angelos-supplies.com