1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Night Saber I 's on a western uni mount

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dj89, Nov 16, 2010.

1. dj89

dj89 Senior Member
    from wny

Is it fairly easy to put Meyer Night Saber I Lights on a Western uni mount? The ones on my Plow for my jeep wrangler are shot... Are the Night saber 2's that much better, are they harder to install? I found them on northern tool for 260, is there any were cheaper? Thanks

2. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

why not just use the nighthawks off the new western plows? I've found them for around 280 and can be rewired into your existing two plug setup very easily

3. dj89

dj89 Senior Member
    from wny

Those are 2 stud, i only have one.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can run either the NS or NS II's, your choice. No fab work required (unlike the two stud Night Hawks), just splice them in, bolt them on and go.

The NS II's do have a better beam pattern although they're a few dollars more. Just depends on what you're willing to spend.

5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

You should take a look at the Buyers replacement lights. They are the ones used on the snowdoggs and are supposed to be pretty bright.

6. dj89

dj89 Senior Member
    from wny

They have 2 studs also.

7. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

True but they are cheaper.

8. dj89

dj89 Senior Member
    from wny

Than i would have to spend time and money fabin' up a mount.... think ill just pick up a pair from northern tool

9. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Where can you get the Buyers lights?
    I'm not sure there is even a dealer in my area yet.....

10. diesellandscape

diesellandscape Member

i just bought the hinker lights. easy install... bright as day. single post as well

11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The Buyers lights aren't getting the best reviews.....

PM Jim from ESI Trucks for a quote on the NS2 lights :nod:

12. dj89

dj89 Senior Member
    from wny

just ordered the night sabres 1 are the twos worth the extra money how much more?

13. dj89

dj89 Senior Member
    from wny

Got them, they sent a bunch of wiring and what not do i need to use it of just cut the ends off and splice them in?

14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Simply cut the plugs off and splice the new lights into your current harness. Don't need to use anything else but use good soldering techniques and good heat shrink when you do.

15. dj89

dj89 Senior Member
    from wny

Thanks at B & B

16. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

post some pics like to see em! I have an old conventional cable that I would like to upgrade the lights. B&B would I be able to use the newer lights if not what can I use?? (sorry to hi-jack) :-D

17. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sure you can run them on anything you wish regardless of brand. I use them on just about everything, older Meyer, Boss, Western, Fisher or whatever as an excellent lighting upgrade.