1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Mount question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by muddy00, Oct 28, 2004.

1. muddy00

muddy00 Member

There is a local 7'6" meyer plow that the guy said he bought in 94, says it is the heavy Duty model (pump?) What mount would be needed for my 2002 GMC 2500 hd and what wiring harness. He's wanting 700 for blade, pump, lights and controller. is this a good deal?
    Thanks in advance
    Jeff

2. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

I'd say go for it. As long as everything is in good shape and the pump works fine, then yeah. $700 is not a bad price, providing its all in good working order. A mount for your truck will cost around $300-400 brand new. If you look on ebay, there are always mounts for sale and you can save a few bucks. Good luck!! :drinkup:

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

That is a good price if it's all in good shape.
    If all else fails you can get a new truck side mount like he said above for
    $300-- $400. I see just blades advertised for $700 + in the paper so you would be money ahead with that deal.