1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer mount on an f250

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by fastcarz3, Feb 20, 2008.

1. fastcarz3

fastcarz3 Member

got a 05 f250 does anyone know what the difference is between the meyer mounts for the 99-04 trucks and 05-07. basically everything runs 99-07 wanna know why i cant use a 99-04 mount on my 05 thanks

2. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

i think the grills got alittle bit bigger so it might have more of a drop but i cant be sure of that they look the same to me other then the diffrent head lights and more dominant grill.

3. ronnie dobbs

ronnie dobbs Junior Member

In 05 they put coil springs up front. Different frame and no more leaf springs.

4. fastcarz3

fastcarz3 Member

my buddy has an 03 he bought the grill headlights n bumper from n 05 and did a straight nut n bolt convertion the only thing that looks like it might be alil different is the air deflector on the bottom of the bumper might be in the way. but hell a new mount for a 05is 700+tax i can get a used one for 200 for a 99-04.

5. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

then get that and cut the plastic if need be u can always bore the holes out to

6. fastcarz3

fastcarz3 Member

are you 100% that the frames are different

7. J_Kleve

J_Kleve Junior Member

Yes the frames are different.

Would it work? The 99-04 mount really far back to bypass the front leaf spring mounts, might work on a 05+ but I heard that the frame is wider. I think Meyer would make a universal mount if they could.

8. plowbabe

plowbabe Member
    from Midwest

Are you taking about the Classic or Plus hitch system?? If you are trying to install the Classic on an '05, give me your email address and I will send you info and pic on how we have mounted several of them.

Babe

9. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

I know for a fact that Ford made a frame change around Oct. of 04. I ran into the undercarriage problem with a western when the 05's first came out. It took Western until Feb. 05 to get a mount kit for the new frames. Ask me how I know:cry:

10. plybelvedere57

plybelvedere57 Junior Member

11. twistedones

twistedones Junior Member
    from va

can you help

how do you do it???my email is twistedones@verizon.net,
    thanks for any help

12. twistedones

from va

classic, thanks

13. dam

dam Junior Member
    from vermont

I just removed the push plates from my 2006 F350. I'm willing to sell them if you're interested. You can e-mail me at dam3666@msn.com.

Don M.
    Vermont

14. twistedones

from va

I've been talking w/ brian @ Newell Equipment, he has gave me the part numbers that I need, do you have those #s from the push plates

15. bwbigred

bwbigred Member
    from nj

im also going through the same issues trying to put my 99-04 setup on my 05 safely any pics or help would be great any ideas my email is bwasilew@camden.rutgers.edu plowbabe if you have some pics that would be great thanks

16. twistedones

from va

17. bwbigred

bwbigred Member
    from nj

ok will do does anyone else here have any pics or instructions too??

18. plowbabe

plowbabe Member
    from Midwest

you have mail.............

19. bwbigred

bwbigred Member
    from nj

thanks a lot just got mail

20. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Remember if the "trick" you're passing around includes removing the blocker beam mount points that you can not remove the plow mount and not replace the blocker beam.

At least not if you're a knowledgeable professional.