1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer mount height

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by home rescue, Nov 13, 2003.

1. home rescue

home rescue Member
    from wv

Well I know its suppose to be 10 and 1/2 inches from ground to bottom of plow mount where the a frame mounts with the two pins. but mine is 14 inches, now wait angled left or right even at full angle plow sets straight on ground from left side to right side. I hope it cleans and scrapes well. Am I right for thinking that my mount height is ok if the blade stays in contact with the ground even when angled. By the way I do have a hefty cutting bar, made from T-1 steel, its around 5-6 inch high cutting edge.
  2. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

how does the a-frame look... is it some what parallel to the ground with the plow down..? mabey a wee bit higher at the mounting pins ?
  3. home rescue

home rescue Member
    from wv

It is certainly not level but not extreme, when i get a chance tomorrow i'll try to get a degree on the angle. if it don't scape good the first snow, i may build the top edge of the A-frame with a 2" square tubing instead of dropping the mount lower to keep my clearance, does anyone know if building up the height of the A-frame would cause any problems, can't remember if I've read this here or not, alot of info here to sift through.
  4. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

it will be fine i see alot of people with lift kits on their trucks they do just fine
  5. jlag

jlag Junior Member

The only problem you might have is when you drive over the top of a steep hill, the blade could hang in the air (piston compressed fully) and not make contact with the road on the down side of the hill until the rear of the truck comes up. I think you can compensate for this with chain length/adjustment though.