1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer modules necesary?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by MR. McBEEVEE, Nov 23, 2008.

MR. McBEEVEE Junior Member

I have installed a used plow from a dodge to a chev but I did not use the headlight modules because of harness being from a different truck. I hardwired the night saber lights directly. I installed the correct switch to turn of truck lights and turn on plow lights. All turn signals, park lights, and high, low beam headlights work correctly except that the plow lights are dim. I have checked the ground and even ran an additional ground. Any advice? Thank you
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You likely have the hi/low/ground wires incorrect. They will still work if wired "backward" but they'll be dim on one beam...

Or you don't have them connected to the correct wires in the truck harness...
  3. ispperformance

ispperformance Junior Member

I had my modules burn out on me last year. They lasted about 6 years, not bad. I tried to just wire the lights up using my own relays and wired into factory and plow lights. However, it did not work out as planned.

I don't want to spend the money for new modules and wire it up myself. I am open for ideas, and will share mine as I go along with my install.

MR. McBEEVEE Junior Member

thanks B&B. I'll check that out. They are dim on both high and low beam.