1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer module question

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by gmcplowtruck, Nov 16, 2010.

1. gmcplowtruck

gmcplowtruck Member

I have a 2004 dodge ram and about two weeks ago my marker light were on and I was unable to shut them off so I pulled the fuse left it out for a few days put it back in everything seemed fine now it did it again could this be the modules thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Just the plow markers get stuck on...or all the markers get stuck on?

3. gmcplowtruck

gmcplowtruck Member

The plow isn't on the truck right now it's the truck markers it seems like it's when it's wet outside too

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Wouldn't be caused by the plow modules then. Sounds more like the classic and very common sign of corrosion in the trailer plug connector. Fix many stuck brake lights, blinkers than won't, and markers that stay on by replacing the trailer connector due to excessive internal corrosion. Especially common to the later model Dodges. :nod:

5. gmcplowtruck

gmcplowtruck Member

So how do I check it or repair it do you mean the trailer harness near the bumper thanks

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes, trailer plug at the bumper. You'll probably find corrosion either in the front or rear side of it.

7. gmcplowtruck

gmcplowtruck Member

Ok I'll check thanks

8. gmcplowtruck

gmcplowtruck Member

ok i took trailer plug out of bumper and disconneted it there is no corrosion at all any other suggestions

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Replace the park lamp relay. Should be in the under hood panel and labeled as such.

10. gmcplowtruck

gmcplowtruck Member

Already ahead of you got a new relay and as soon as I put it in the lights came back on I am at a lost I have no idea what it could be

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Pull the park relay out and probe the pin sockets with a test light with the headlamp switch in the OFF position.

Two sockets should show voltage, one should show neither power or ground, and the fourth one should NOT show ground with the headlamp switch off. If it does then either the headlamp switch is defective or the forward lighting control module is defective.

12. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

I'm having that issue, park lights on both truck and plow stay on. unhook 12v power source at battery problem solved. thinking module?