1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer mini jr. salt spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by bobcatnj, Nov 14, 2005.

1. bobcatnj

bobcatnj Member
    from NJ

anyone use the meyer mini jr. salt spreader.pros/cons and opinions on it

2. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Bobcat,

I use 8 of the model 36000. I love them because they are very easy to work on, hold 600lbs and parts are very easy to get. We modify them with vibrators, top screens, dump doors and then assemble EVERYTHING using never-seize because they go through a motor every two years and a vibrator every three or four years. All in all, we still love them...

3. 2ndgen

2ndgen Junior Member

A guy that i work for gave me an older meyer spreader the motor was shot in it so i put a new motor in it and the controler wnt slow the speed down for the motor i tore it apart and replaced the resistors on it and still wnt slow motor at all its wide open. Any ideas really dnt wana drop 3-4 hundred on control

4. rocksbite

rocksbite Member

i know this is a very old post. but i also picked up an old mini spreader. do you have any pics of how you added the dump door, vibrator and top screen?