1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer MDV Spreader - Unique Situation

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by brbcbrent, Oct 5, 2009.

1. brbcbrent

brbcbrent Member

Hi Everyone,

I am in charge of the snow removal for our non-profit here in Calgary (I do have a plowing background so I got the tap for our own property). We recieved this Meyer Diamond spreader (pics below) which is serious overkill for the size property we maintain.

My problem is I have no idea what this thing is worth. It's never been used (I mean like no trace of salt/sand/nothing). Not sure on the age of it, but the thing is in amazing shape. Any thoughts on a price tag? Or do you think I could trade it straight up for a tailgate unit?

Thoughts are appreciated! Mods: not sure if this should have been in the used equipment section or not - if so please move it over.

Thx.

IMG_1872.jpg

IMG_1870.jpg

IMG_1861.jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

2. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

Does it have an inverted-V? Does it have the cables and controller to run to the cab?

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

i would say 5to 6K for that thing most likely. It is in prefect shape you can sell that thing and get yourself 5 or 6 tailgate spreaders.

4. brbcbrent

brbcbrent Member

is this what you mean by an inverted V? It does have all the controls...

IMG_1865.jpg

5. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

.Selling in northern tool for 3700 plus shipping for the 10.5 Briggs. 5400 Gets you the ss.

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

That's not the same salter you are looking at for $3700. Not sure if that is a 9' or 10' but I paid $7800 for a 10' Hydraulic model. I have 2 of them. That thing is worth $6000 all day long.

7. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

Northern tool is NOT selling this size spreader. I have a Swenson MDV (which is the same as Meyer MDV). A new stainless MDV sells for $8995.

Yes, that is what I was talking about with the inverted-V. Thank you.

$5K - $6K is a little high for a used unit. I know, it wasn't used, but I bought a left over MDV (9') last year for $4500 from a dealer and that was never used, just left over inventory.

brbcbrent: What is the length on that unit. 8', 9', 10' ?

8. brbcbrent

brbcbrent Member

this one's a 9'

9. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

I would love to take that off your hands because I am looking at adding another one to the fleet. But, 2500 miles isn't exactly a day trip :eek:

10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

This spreader is in Canada. Things are more money here. If you need to sell it then do it now, there will be a lot of people looking.

11. brbcbrent

brbcbrent Member

what's the best place to list something like this? I was just thinking classifieds or something, would it be unreasonable to approach a dealer for a trade?

12. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Craigslist or Kijiji.

13. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

Send me a PM with a contact number. I'd like to take a look.

14. mcfly89

mcfly89 Senior Member

i guess i could help a feller out and trade you my meyer 36000 tailgate spreader for it :D I'd even give you $100 to boot.

15. brbcbrent

brbcbrent Member

sounds like plan...actually if you have a walk-behind and some rope that should work too eh?

16. mcfly89

mcfly89 Senior Member

i just assumed you would want those as well so i had already planned to throw in a pair of those

17. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i could be very interested in your unit, i am in lethbridge, if you haven't sold it yet, message me on my page, cheers