1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer MD1 blade

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by metalmaker02, Mar 4, 2015.

1. metalmaker02

metalmaker02 Junior Member

I am looking to get in the snow removal business next year and have found a blade for sale that from the ad appears to be a decent blade. Owners says it is 7.5 ft. Meyer MD1 blade, controller, pump, etc, complete unit for $2000. I can't find specs on an MD1. Can anyone give me the low down on these blades? Good? Bad? Whatever the case. Planning on putting it on a 2002 Chevy 2500HD. Need some advice.

2. chevy2500meyer

chevy2500meyer Member

probably and Md2 setup does it have 4 blue pins and 2 yellow? if so thats what 02 originally had imo one the better commercial setups because you can leave the light bracket on the truck and unhook the blade.

hope this helps

3. metalmaker02

I have attached a photo of the blade. Hopefully it worked.

IMG_4252.jpg

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

That might not fit your 02.

5. metalmaker02

I was planning on buying the truckside mount new for my truck. THink it will not fit in spite of that?

6. dieselss

You would need to do some measuring to see.

What are you getting for the 2k?

7. metalmaker02

Truckside mount, complete blade with hydraulics and electrics. Other than mounting needed to get on my truck, should be everything else needed.

8. dieselss

Might be cheaper to just look into another set up. And easier. Imo

9. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Find something else. Only way you are getting that on an 02 is by building your own mount. Besides $2k is way too high for that setup.

10. metalmaker02

Any particular blade you like for parking lot work? We have a a dealer 30 miles away that sells snow dogg blades but I really have no experience to lead me to one blade or brand vs. another.

11. dieselss

If your familiar with Meyer go Meyer

Parking lots.....bigger the.better....expanding plows are great

12. chevy2500meyer

chevy2500meyer Member

That's an ancient setup we get those for like $500 for everything and yes/no that will fit an 02 but it will take a lot of fabricating