1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer MD-II

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snow_man_48045, Dec 8, 2002.

1. snow_man_48045

snow_man_48045 Senior Member

Does any one out there use the new MD-II meyer hook up, and a meyer poly plow. If so how do you like them, and how is it holding up.
    I run a Meyer CP-8 on a Ram 2500, Two years old.
  2. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Meyer MDII

Really not a bad set up. As long as you still have the jack to help get it on and off. Yearly fluid changes are a must. And you really need to remove and grease on a yearly bases the two pivot pins.( you have to remove the springs and disassemble the sector from the moldboard) Have had two in the shop with "broken" pins this past week, they are not the easiest to get out once they have "rust" welded themself into the tubes. Also keep the power connector plug filled with dielectric grease. :rolleyes: John
  3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

The only two Meyers I have has greasable pivot pins. I am not the original owner so i do not know if they came this way. One is a 6.5 (not a two meter) and one is 7.5.