1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Mate Tailgate Spreader For Sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by merrimacmill, Sep 16, 2011.

1. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Up for sale is my Meyer Mate tailgate spreader. I bought this spreader in December of 2007 at Lacy Truck Equipment in Salisbury, MA for $1,450 and used it that one year until I got my first V box and it worked great. It has been in storage ever since, but it still does work just as good as it always did! I just no longer have a place for it in my operations, so I have finally decided to part with it.

The thing I like about the spreader is that its easy to take on and off the truck by myself since it doesn't have any large metal frames or anything and doesn't weigh to much. Also, it DOES have a vibrator installed from the factory and I did spread bulk salt with it. It had to be dry bulk salt, but it was true bulk (not bagged). It also has an adjustment for smaller or larger granular material, which controls the rate of material flow from the spreader.

I do have the controller for it which is in perfect condition, but I do not have the wiring harness anymore as it was cut out of the truck this was installed in. I am waiting to hear back from the dealer today on the cost of a new wiring harness and will post that figure when I get it. It is at my shop so we can hook it up to a 12V battery so you can verify the operation of the spreader before purchasing.

I'm letting it go for $400.

Please let me know by either PMing me here, emailing me at ccorso@terralawns.com , or giving me a call at 978-270-6007, leave a message and I will get back with you.

IMG_1850.jpg

IMG_2028.jpg

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  2. merrimacmill

from MA

Spreader is still for sale. Someone PM me with an offer.

3. GreenscapesWV

GreenscapesWV Junior Member
    from wv

does the spreader slide in the hitch? also how much does it hold? very interested if u would ship 304-731-8958

4. merrimacmill

from MA

It doesn't. It rests on the bumper of the truck, and has a peg that slides into one of the holes that is located on the bumper step for a hitch ball. The spreader holds approx 900 pounds, or approx 9 cu. ft.

Here is link for the spreader on Northern Tool for $1,699. Remembering how much I paid for it almost makes me question my asking price, but it is what it is now so $400 takes it.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200355772_200355772