1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Mate Spreader

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by pasto_guy, Aug 21, 2004.

1. pasto_guy

pasto_guy Member

Can anyone tell me what they paid for their spreader. Not including install, what should I expect to pay for one. I'm open to other brands but I like the design of the meyer. Thanks in advance for the help

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i have no clue i think they were getting 1200 its a good deal you can spread sand and salt so thats good

3. Bchlawns

Bchlawns Senior Member
    from Ohio

1200 - 1500$ for the smaill tailgate spreaders.
    bchlawns

4. pasto_guy

pasto_guy Member

Thanks for the help. I did talk to a dealer today and he has one that a municipality used on their truck. Ran 600 lbs. of wet sand through it and said they didn't want it. He offered it to me for $1000.00. I think it's a good deal.

5. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Does it come with any mounting hardware, wiring, or controll box?
    If it does then $1000.00 aint bad. If it dosen't then check to see how much all these items cost before you buy, new may be cheaper.
    BOAST:waving:

6. pasto_guy

pasto_guy Member

It does come with everything. I'm going to see if he will do the install too. Never hurts to ask. Thanks again for your help

7. PLOWMAN45

i heard that the mounting for those use's a strap of some sort for easy removal

8. battags

battags Member

Meyer Mate

I just stopped at a Meyer dealer today to get more info on their spreaders. I don't know if i like the idea of strapping that thing to my tailgate. I was looking for the receiver mount 'Mini' which they stopped making. The only receiver mount model they make now is the 'Mini Jr.'.

The Mate has a built in vibrator, which I definately like. They were going for $1250 out the door. I just don't like the tailgate strap idea and that Meyer discontinued their 'intermediate' level tailgate spreader. I'm checking other brands.....

Brian

9. battags

battags Member

Sorry, I was a little off on the price of the Mate. It's $1,234 for the Mate and the Mini is going for $833.

Brian

10. PLOWMAN45

i would go for the mate cause it does spread sand an extra plus