1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Mate setting for deicer

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by carcrz, Jan 16, 2007.

1. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

What do you guys set your speed & amount @ when spreading deicer? I had it all the way on the top setting & it seems like it is still putting out too much. When I turn the speed to 3 or 4 it seems like it doesn't cover as much but either. The directions are also very vague. :dizzy:

2. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I just got my meyer mate. Your right the settings are very vauge. Now that the post is a year old I imagine that you kind of have the setting issue fuigered out.

But just for the heck of it, I run bulk through mine and I just crank it to 9 and adjust my driving speed.

Good Luck

3. Flake Chaser

Flake Chaser Member
    from CT

How do you guys like the mate ? I'm getting one next week most likely. My freebie v-box crapped out and I've been doing it by hand so far and it's getting old. I do a lot of ice control for one account that has four buildings. I like the fact that you can spin off sand and remove it yourself after a quick washout.

4. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I like it a lot. Much better than the coffee can lol. But the spread isn't that wide even cranked all the way up with sand or bulk rock salt. The specs say 3-30 feet but I imagine thats with calcium or something.

The opening where the salt comes out has two settings. A small opening for calcuium pellets/flake type stuff or a big opening for salt/damp sand.

Good Luck and let us know how it works out!