1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Mate leaking salt??

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jlouki01, Oct 31, 2008.

1. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

I was looking at buying a used Meyer Mate salt spreader off a guy. He is telling me that it can't be loaded before you get to the site because all the salt falls out. I have other Meyer spreaders that do not have this problem. Could it be because of the shape of the unit? I notice this thing can spread salt/sand/calcium? Calcium is much bigger and requires adjustments in the spreader? Wonder if he has it setup for calcium?
  2. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

It is definitely a design flaw. You don't really lose much salt if you use salt, but if you use deicer through it, you'd better wait until on site or you'll be empty. It is a pain to adjust the amount being unloaded if you are already full.