1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer lot pro or snow dogg? which one to buy?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cjjudy83, Jan 25, 2012.

1. cjjudy83

cjjudy83 Junior Member

ok everyone im on the market for a new plow. I currently have a c-series 8'6" meyer classic mount with e-60 on a 1999 ford f-350 I do commercial / municipality plowing. Im really on the fence as to which plow i want to buy. I have always have had meyers and im looking at a 8'6" meyer lot pro steel plow with the new meyer e-72 pump with divorced ram and nite saber II lites. meyer has now gone to a 5/5 year warranty 5 year on all parts and 5 year steel. snow dogg has really caught my eye for the price and the plow itself but not very familar with the snow dogg plows. i have a salt dogg 2 cu yard spreader love it great product. so my question to you guys is do i go with the meyers lot pro with the great warranty and a name that has been known in the plow bizz forever. or go with the snow dogg?????

let me know all thoughts, ideas, pros , cons, ect.... thank you all

2. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Hmm thats a tough choice I run all snowdoggs but did run meyer and never really had a problem had more problems with snowdogg but just stupid little things breaking(2 lights, 2 motor covers) I had heard alot of good things about the lot pros but I was just talking to a buddy the other day and he hates his said he blew some filter valve and hates the lights(new nightsaber2)