1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer light issues! I cant see!

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by ACA L&L, Dec 17, 2009.

1. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

Hello everyone, i have a meyer 8' agwith the saber lights i think, anyhow, when im driving on the road with no lights, meaning no lights on road, i cant see 2ft in front of me.I tried adjusting them and no luck, I can barely see with thebrights on. Has anyone else had this issue and what did u do to correct the problem? I cant seem to figure this one out.
  2. sjwrangler

sjwrangler Member

I just went through that with the older style lights. Check the grounds and then supply for full voltage. You can try the ground with a jumper from the battery. If they get brighter, then start there.
  3. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

Bad ground some where. Also check your power supply and hook it direct to the battery. Let us know what you get.
  4. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

when u power the plow up, down left, right the lights dim quite a bit, does this indicate that the ground is not a good one? It was installed by the dealer, it was a good job, but noticed last week when i was plowing that the power surge is very noticable when u power the plow. This concerned me. When i was driving down the mountain i couldnt see hardly at all, i put brights on and that helped but did not light up the road very well. I will be installing the wings tommorrow, and hooking up the salter/spreader, where would i find the ground? im sure i will find it eventually but my list is long od to dos so any help would b awesome. Maybe i need dual batteries? Along with a better ground.....Plow works sweet tho, very happy with the 8AG. I used western plows before this and cant say that the western was any better or worse..
  5. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

It sounds like you don't have enough power, If you don't have dual batteries, I would consider installing the largest group you can fit, make sure the batteries are both new when you install them. One old battery will draw from the newer one leaving you less power. You should also get the largest alternator that you can get for the model truck you have it will have more output for when you need it the most.
  6. sefh

sefh Senior Member

I had the same issue. I installed a larger alternator and dual batteries and that took care of the problem. Those light take more draw from some reason over the older style lights.