1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer - Keep or swap

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Jgramlich, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Jgramlich

Jgramlich Senior Member

I've always had a western, but thanks to some cell phone obsessed 17 year old, my truck went to the happy junk yard in the sky.

Bought a 250 with an 8 foot meyer installed. I only plan on getting one or two seasons out of the truck. The plow has some surface rust but works as it should. The guy swears by it.

Think it's worth uninstalling and throwing on my ultramount? Should I suck it up and plow a meyer this year?
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Hate to say it,,,but if its free and you don't have to buy anything. Do it what if u buy a western and the season is like last year...wont even break even then you'll be cursing yourself for it
  3. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

If you still have your western I'd say use it. Heck, build a plow out of spare parts and scrap iron and it'll still be nicer than a Meyer.
  4. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

I hate Meyers, unless you are repairing them for money. I always say " If you want to make money, sell Meyers, if you are doing the plowing buy Western"