1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer is the BEST plow ever.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mackman, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

I think Meyer is the best plow ever. Cuz i own a Fisher and the 2 trucks that work with us have meyer and they both broke down. It was great cuz i got alot more hours picking up their roads.:drinkup: Everyone i work with should own a Meyer.
  2. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

When I read the title I thought you where smoking the good stuff:dizzy: Now it makes since;)
  3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

That is sad but oh so true. Whole reason why I got rid of my junk meyer. When I first saw the title I figured this was going to be an all out pissing contest thread, lol. Hasnt gotten there yet
  4. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

now thats funny right there.
  5. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

Almost had the big one when I saw that post!!!

I though now what nimrod has posted that ....................... then I saw it was you, and got a good laugh outta it ................ your a piece of work!!! :laughing:

Hey thats funny and I dont care who you are!ussmileyflag

Ps whats it feel like to be RICH after all that plowing you been doing???
  6. Mackman

from S.E. PA

LOL i knew meyers was good for something. Giveing all us non meyer owners alot of work.

Well so far for the season i have 87hours in. At 80/hr is 6,960.00. My plow set-up was 5,219. Cutting edge 150 and sno foil 275. for a total of 5,644 Thats just the plow. My lights were around 270.00 and the mounts on the backrack were 120 for all 3. So 390.00. Grand total i had to spend to get set-up this year is 6,034

So profit is only 926 bucks. Still very good cuz when i bought the plow i bought it with it taking 2 years to pay for itself not 2 months.

Calling for 4-8in on Monday into Tuesday:drinkup:
  7. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

$80 an hour? holy cow. Im at $50 an hour with a 8'6" MVP in an 11 acre lot. With 4 other straight blades and they get the same as me.
  8. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like you need to be plowing with your plow veed... :drinkup:

As for Meyer, they ARE the best! For my competitors! Oh, and my old man, who owns a repair shop, and has a couple regular customers with Meyer plows. payup
  9. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Yea they are the best they keep the repair shops in business
  10. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

I've been lucky with mine, no problems except a broken torsion spring. Only reason I've got it is because it was on a truck i bought, and didnt think it was worth it to take it off and put on a Fisher, but it has actually proven to be quite dependable, just a little too light when it comes to backdragging.
  11. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

I have an 8 ft and make 80.00 with t for my town you had better not put it all the way down for that price
  12. Mackman

from S.E. PA

My uncle the guy who i sub for gives the same rate to everyone with a plow. A guy with a 7.5 straight will get the same rate as a guy with an XLS or a 9.5 V. Thats one of the reason i went with a straight. Plus with doing nothing put roads i couldn't see where a V would really do any good.

BTW i bought an old 89 ford f-250 with a meyer already on it. It got the job done. It isn't worth it to change it out if its already on the truck. I just like to bust balls thats all.:laughing::drinkup:
  13. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

Yea, i just wonder why people put them on in the first place :confused:
  14. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I get $100 an hour for a 8' straight blade. My plow was paid for in the first storm last year. All profit now except for insurance and fuel and whatever.

I too had to read this thread after reading the title. That's funny.
  15. procut

procut Senior Member

When I first saw the title of this thread, I was like, what the #^@!, Then I read it, how clever. LMAO
  16. JScudes

JScudes Junior Member

hey i know one of them....and he has no clue how to plow...but makes muuuuuch les haha