1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Installation

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by roofsinc, Nov 28, 2005.

1. roofsinc

roofsinc Junior Member

Does anybody out there have an installation guide for an EZ mount on a '03 F-250 they could e-mail me. Or, can somebody at least tell me if I need to remove the crossmember (behind the bumper) on the front of the truck to install the mount? All responses appreciated.
    Eric

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Yes, you have to remove the blocker beam, you may also have to remove the plastic air dam on the bottom of the bumper.

3. roofsinc

roofsinc Junior Member

Anybody awake out there?

4. roofsinc

roofsinc Junior Member

Thanks Crash. Thought so, but just wanted to make sure the guy didn't give me the wrong mount before I started tearing apart the truck! Any other tips you might be able to give me for an EZ install?

5. roofsinc

roofsinc Junior Member

One more thing I was wondering...The bumper was attached with 2 bolts each side through the end of the frame rails...Does the mount install using these 4 bolts, or do I need new bolts to run all 8 holes?

6. Crash935

give me a minute and let me run over to meyers site just to make sure i got my tips straight for ya.

I forgot their site isnt much help. If i remember right you will not be using those holes to hang the mount, once you get the bumper off the is a set of holes to the inside of the frame rails identical to the holes for the bumper, those are the holes you will be using.

where in MI are you?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2005
  7. roofsinc

roofsinc Junior Member

Already got bumper off. 4 holes in the end of frame rail, but bumper only hangs using 2 of the 4 on each rail. Mount has 4 holes each side as well. Mount plate looks identical to the end of the frame rail...4 holes each side. If I use the other set of holes (not bumper set), then I am not sure if I can get clearance around bolt heads to re-mount the bumper correctly. ???:dizzy:

8. Crash935

You can always put about a 1/2 inch of washers between the bumper andmount to space the bumper out otherwise you have to drill the 2 inner holes per side and run 4 bolts per side through the bumper and mount.

9. Whip

Whip Member

If it's a new mounting carton, there should be spacer plates to space out the bumper to compensate for the inner ones already holding the clevis assembly.

If it's a used mount, you can use washers as already suggested.