1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer installation help.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BPUCK10, Nov 22, 2004.

1. BPUCK10

BPUCK10 Junior Member

Ok guys. I have been a member for a while now and have found a wealth of info here. This is my first post and I could sure use some help. I just installed a Meyer setup on my 1996 Chevy k2500 and can not seem to figure out an electrical issue. I installed a new Touchpad, new wiring harness and new E-60. I have installed according to the Meyer diagram. Blue wire to key on power. White wire to small solenoid connector. Orange wire to negative on battery. Red, green and black to corresponding on pump. Ground on motor directly to negative on battery. Positive on battery to one post on solenoid. Other post on solenoid to positive on pump motor. I believe this all to be correct. Here is the problem. When i hit left on touchpad motor runs. When I hit right, down or up the solenoid clicks and the controller shows overload. I have tried grounding the solenoid to different places but can not seem to figure this out. I have also tried another touchpad without any luck. I have looked at he Meyer troubleshooting guide but that says to check the A, B, and C coils for magnetism but the controller overloads so I can't even check that. I have called for service but they can't get me in for over two weeks. Any help would be appreciated.

2. County Plow Eq.

County Plow Eq. Junior Member

touch pad

try grounding soliniod better, sounds like it's over amping, could try replace the soliniod

3. BPUCK10

BPUCK10 Junior Member

I put a new solenoid on it today. I meant to put that in my post. I currently have it grounded to a bare spot on the body under the hood. I even tried grounding the solenoid to battery negative.

4. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Check the wires again. As It will show in this thread that I putting on here for you to read check the white wire. Make sure that is in the right spot. Here is another Meyers thread for you to look at.

http://plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=19324

5. BPUCK10

BPUCK10 Junior Member

Thanks Young Pup.
    I read that post as well but it did not help me. The solenoids I have purchased only have one small post and two larger. The white wire goes to the small post according to the Meyer diagrams I have seen and from what I have read here.

6. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

Does your E60 have the double stud motor? If so make sure the pos and neg are on correctly. Pos cable goes on closest to the truck. Also if you have the double stud motor, make sure bothe grounds are connected. Double check all your grounds, make sure they are clean. :cool:

7. BPUCK10

BPUCK10 Junior Member

Thanks jmassi.
    I do have the double stud motor. I was told by my dealer that the positive goes to the A2 stud. But if you are correct then he is wrong so I will check that. I have the negative cable wired directly to the battery negative. Where is the second grounding point on the motor. That is liekely my problem as I only have the motor grounded once to the battery. Thank you.

8. BPUCK10

BPUCK10 Junior Member

I knew this was the place to come for answers. I did not know that the negative wire on the double stud E-60 must go from the motor stud to a ground stud on the opposite end of the motor and then to the negative on the battery. I had one wire missing. Thank you jmassi and all of you that helped.

9. scotty2222

scotty2222 Member
    from MI

So did it work???? I had the same problem but my positive cable came loose to the battery.

10. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

No problem BPUCK10. Glad I was able to help! :D

11. BPUCK10

BPUCK10 Junior Member

Yes it did work. I had all of the wiring installed correctly, but I was missing the wire from the motor stud to a ground stud. It goes from ground stud to motor negative and then to battery negative. Pump works fine now. :drinkup: