1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer husky plow?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by shoman44, Dec 19, 2005.

1. shoman44

shoman44 Junior Member

Hey anyone have one of these and if so are they decent , i am looking to buy one just not sure if it is worth the money . Does $800 sound like a good deal? Complete setup .
  2. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Meyer got it's negative reputation from guys using their ST-90 (7'6") homeowner plows for heavy commercial use.

The C (Husky) series is built much heavier. The C-7.5 & C-8 are very nice plows that will withstand commercial use. Get much wider (8.5 and 9) and the amount of blade really stresses different areas.

The other major problem is the quick disconnect hydraulic hoses. The allowed the introduction of water/dirt into the hydraulic system. A sealed system (what many manufacturers are now going with) prevents this.

When well taken care of, and treated correctly, Meyer plows make for an inexpensive entrance into the world of plowing for many people.
  3. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

I just got a C8 Meyer (husky) this year. It is an old one but is still in very good shape now that it is fixed. It was very abused when I got it. It is much stronger/ and heavier than the old ST7.5 I used to have. I like it very much.
  4. shoman44

shoman44 Junior Member

Meyer husky plow

Thanks for the info does anyone have any pics under the hood or anything else with a belt driven pump?
  5. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

Not with a belt driven pump. Mine is run off with an E-47 electric style.
  6. sefh

sefh Senior Member

Was this a complete setup or just the blade? I have an c8 (blade, A frame, angle cylinders) for sale but wondering what a good price would be.
  7. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

That included a full setup. It had a chevy conventional mount, light kit, light harness, plow harness with the single joystick, e-47 unit, plow with deflector kit and a-frame , all for 300.00 cash. I spent about 3 hours on straightening and welding the broken/bent moldboard, new cutting edge, 2 hours on the angle cyl rebuild ( mostly cleaning ) , bought new hoses with swivels, new hose connections, rebuilt the entire e-47, and had the guys in the paint shop at work sandblast and paint the moldboard for free.

With the price of parts for the rebuild at around 200.00 and the 600.00 for the truck side EZ Mount with new lights , wiring, touch pad controller and harness, and roughly 100.00 for the cutting edge, I have about 1200.00 total in a plow that is mostly new or rebuilt.