1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer headlight issue, left headlight keeps going off???

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by trqjnky, Dec 19, 2009.

1. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

alright, the left headlight keeps going out, then coming back on a short time later. i dunno wtf is going on. i switched the plug connections, and it switched to the right headlight. so i put them back to the correct connections and it went back to the left headlight.

what is causing this???? i didnt install this on my truck. it has to be in between the plug and the relays i would think???

plug to headlight>relay center on radiator core support>i dunno where wiring goes from there except the light selector switch in the cab on the dash...

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it's only affecting one side then it's likely the module (relay) for that side or the ground lead from the light. Follow the lighting harness from the plow light and you'll find a white wire that will be attached to the rad support or somewhere in that vicinity. Make sure that connection is clean and tight. If it all looks good then it's the module that's faulty.

3. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

well i found a connection at the A/B/C relay center, unpluged it and plugged it back in a few times to clean connections. ant then found a separate relay looking thing that had very dirty connections. cleaned them and put dielectric grease on them. hopefully this solves my problem.

4. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

still having the problem. dunno???

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If all the connections are good its probably a bad module.