1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer frame swap

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Len Pippin, Oct 12, 2003.

1. Len Pippin

Len Pippin Junior Member

Can anyone tell me if I can take a Meyer Plow off a 2001 Dodge 3/4 ton diesel and put on a 2002 Dodge 3/4 gas ?
    I assume the frames and front end's are the same.
    If not how much modifications are needed?
    Thanks for any input.

2. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

U Can Do It:D Near no Mods. We put the same mount from our 97 1/2 ton gas to our 2001 3/4 diesel. No problems.

3. wyldman

wyldman Member

Yep,it will work.Only problem may be headlights.As long as the headlight styles (sport,or regular single beam) are the same,your OK

4. Herbie

Herbie Junior Member

I'm considering buying a meyer plow that has been on a 94? ford one ton, and putting it on a one ton 02 dodge. Will that work or do I need mods, or new hardware?:confused:

5. wyldman

wyldman Member

That will require a different truckside mount,and a new wiring harness.You might be better off to sell it,and get the right plow for your truck.

6. Herbie

Herbie Junior Member

wyldman, you say that I will need new undercarriage hardware, I kinda figured that, but new wire too? I'm new to P.S. and to plowing. Found a deal(?) on a Meyers poly for 2 grand.
    Why would I be better off not getting it, and what is the right plow for my truck?:confused:

7. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Plow Change Over

Herbie the price for the plow is not bad if its a like new and it came with every thing to fit and operate on your truck.
    You need to get it touch with your local Meyer products dealer and find out the cost of the correct mount and headlight moduales or adapters you would need to work with your year truck.
    You may be getting up in price to where you would be better getting a new plow that would go right on your truck.
    :rolleyes: John............

8. wyldman

wyldman Member

The reason you will need a new harness is the headlight wiring is different.The older Ford would use a single 9004 bulb,and the newer Dodge's are a single 9007 (or dual for sport) ground side switching headlamps.They are wired totally different.

9. Herbie

Herbie Junior Member

So your advice is to nix the deal? New wire and undercarriage makes the total price too much? How much for new wire? Maybe I can get the guy to back out the price of wire and undercarriage.
    What makes this deal better than buying new? Probably my ultimate Q.:help:

10. wyldman

wyldman Member

A new plow is probably going to run you $3500.00 installed or so.

Your used plow at $2000.00 plus maybe 700-900.00 for the new stuff to make it work,plus $200-300.00 to install it all,and your almost at the price of a new one.

The new one will have no problems,cracked welds,etc,and a full mfg warranty.If it's anythingover $2500.00 installed for a used one,you might as well go new.

11. XPECTATIONS

XPECTATIONS Member
    from SE PA

dodge mount

we took a mount off 1997 dodge 2500 hd diesel and put it on '95 1500 worked fine no modifications!

ford to dodge or vise versa is a no no they don't interchange

lighting for myers is the same for most trucks except if you have day time running lights

controls are all the same

think one of my subs has a f250 mount e-mail if interested

12. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

look on ebay
    i found a dodge undercarriage for $180 .00

sold the chevy mount that came with the use plow

hardware kit from meyers 96 bucks

hardest part enlarging the holes in the frame

i have the factory directions
    send me your fax #
    ill send it to you

cardoctor

13. Herbie

Herbie Junior Member

Lots of good advice, THANKS.
    I'll check w/ the seller and see what he wants to do.:salute:

14. XPECTATIONS

XPECTATIONS Member
    from SE PA

HOLES

We took a large tapered spiral ream, and welded a 1" 1/4 nut and welded it onto the ream. we use it to enlarge frame holes with the impact gun. we bought it at FAZZOI in glassboro n.j. for three dollars. works great, my plow foreman work for a steel company, thats how they enlarge holes. Fazzio (856) 881-3185