1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer fix Slick-Stick for E57?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by POWERBAND, Nov 10, 2004.

1. POWERBAND

POWERBAND Member

Last year Meyer reps reported the SlikStik controller might be upgraded to work with the E57 lifts. Many on the forum have been bemoaning having to use the touchpad controller with the E57. I was hoping Meyer would respond to their customer base and address the problem this season as mentioned. The forums and my dealer mentioned many complaints about the inability of using the familiar Slik-Stik controller.

The Touchpad controller doesn't go in to float until you hold the down switch an indeterminate time and a lamp comes on the controller. This part is my main complaint - Daytime in SNOW conditions the float lamp is invisible as well as the on lamp. Also it means your hand has to stay on the controller rather than controlling the vehicle.

Using the Slik-Stik controller with the E57 causes the plow to move left when raised and when moved right, SLAMS to stop and moves left when released. I tried it on new E57 but was afraid of trashing the motor or valves.

Thanx - PB :cool:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Powerband/88Izulu-2.jpg

2. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

the controller is a pain to use. wish it was like a western controller(pistol grip)
    it only takes a second to put the meyer controller in float mode
    john

3. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

You should have no trouble changing your unit over to a Slik Stik.
    The power unit is the same as an E-47 except for the motor and pump.
    All you would be loosing is the delayed valve shut down when you release the switch when you change to the SlikStik, which caused the noise that you heard.
    :rolleyes: John....................

4. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Have been using a slik-stik on E-60s for several years with no problems. Yes the plow bounces after angling right, but it causes no damage...