1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer EZ Plus issue

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by t_baker, Nov 28, 2013.

1. t_baker

t_baker Junior Member
    from Harrod

New to the site, not to the plow world. Need advice.

Just finished installing a Meyer Ez Plus with a E 57 power unit. Night Sabre lights. I am positive every thing wiring wise is installed correctly. Installed on a 04 Dodge mega cab.

Problem and question I have.

When I go to power the pistol grip controller I get nothing. No lights, no solenoid click, nothing. Does this unit need to be hooked to the plow to get power to the controller?I had this same issue last year and for the life of me can not remember if it was a MD II or a Western Ultra mount. Everything worked fine once I hooked the plow up.

I sell about 60-80 used plows a year and this is the second time this has happened. Problem today is #1 its Thanksgiving so I can't contact my normal guy with the issue, and #2 The plow is 2 hours away. This customer came to me with a plow he purchased else where. Normally on these installs I don't worry about getting the plow because I can hear control function through the solenoid. I just hate to send it home with him not knowing if there is another under lying issue.

I just posted this above in the Truck and Equipment forum before I seen this one.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Plow should not need to be hooked up. I would double check the fused power lead that should be on a switched ignition source.

The ultramount would of needed the plow hooked up for control to turn on.

3. t_baker

t_baker Junior Member
    from Harrod

Fused power shows good. I unplugged the controller and checked at the dash side plug and had power.

On the solenoid, black to ground and white to signal terminal correct? I also have an orange wire that goes to the night saber relay plugs which in the end has a fused power wire.

I work mostly with Boss and Western so you will have to excuse some of my Meyer ignorance.

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Correct. Thinking you may have a bad control. Guessing you don't have a spare to try?

5. t_baker

t_baker Junior Member
    from Harrod

That is what I am leaning towards. Everything is hooked up correctly and the solenoid is new. Customer said that he thought the pistol grip was new but wasn't for sure. Looks to be in good shape, but if its anything like the touch pads that does not mean much.

If it was a Boss I have about 30 hand held, joy stick and rocker boxes laying around. And about the same in Western hand helds and joy sticks. But won't you know I don't have a single working Meyer control in the shop.

I generally try to stay away from Meyer. I rebuild a lot of pumps but don't sell many units around here. Everyone stays red.

6. t_baker

t_baker Junior Member
    from Harrod

Fixed it. White power wire on the dash side controller plug was backed out slightly. Pulled it out, bent the tab and put it back in. Works fine.