1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer EZ Mount Plus question

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by wmsland, Sep 25, 2006.

1. wmsland

wmsland Junior Member
    from NE Ohio

I am in the process of installing an EZ mount on a 2006 Chevy 2500 HD, and have a few questions. How crucial is the 11 1/4 " distance from the ground to the mount as shown in the directions and where do you measure it from ( the directions don't show it very clearly)? They also talk about adjusting the torsion bars to achieve a "Z" height of 4.56" I measured mine and came up with 4" how important is it to be at exactly where they say to be. I know if I adjust the torsion bars it will get me close to the 11 1/4" that they say to have, but like I asked will the extra 1/2" really make a difference in performance of the plow, truck etc. Is it a safety issue? I will be using a CP 7.5 Poly plow and a E 58H lift unit. Also any opinions on the E 58H unit? I thank you in advance for your replies.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

those heights are critical to the proper operation of the plow. Exceed them and the lead corner will try to dig into the road. You'll end up with your wearedge worn to a "smiley Face.":)