1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer EZ Classic frame mounts 17104 vs 17103?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by m.$terner, Nov 1, 2013.

1. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

What is the difference in these mounts? I recently bought a mount, hoop and e47 pump. Only needed the pump and hoop for another truck but the guy wouldnt split the stuff up and I figured Id just resell the mount off to recoupe some money. He said it came off of a 1995 dodge I believe which looked correct. After looking at some pictures on ebay, google images etc it is deff for the 94-02 dodge 4x4 trucks but the mount numbers come back as 17103 (1500 trucks) and 17104 (2500 and 3500 trucks). I dont see any id on the mount itself and from the pictures they virtually look the same. does anybody know what the differences are in them? Want to put it up for sale but dont want to advertise it as the wrong thing and waste someones time coming to look at the mount if its not the one they would need. Any ideas?
  2. ddobson

ddobson Junior Member
    from pa

3. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

I just went through and read both of them and neither seem to mention a difference that I recall reading. I thought maybe the brackets or bolts were different but then why assign a different part # to the mount itself? Wish I knew some dodge people to try it on. Were all GM and I have some ford friends unfortunately:dizzy:
  4. SnowLane

SnowLane Senior Member

The 17103 is for the 1500 and the 17104 is for the 2500/3500. The 17103 lowest point is closer to the vehicle frame by 1-1/2". Difference in vehicle ride heights.
  5. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

Based on that information wouldnt the mount therefore work on a 1500,2500,or 3500 series truck then? I cant see that 1-1.5" inches interfering with anything. Then again ive never installed ez classics on anything but chevys
  6. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

Snowlane is right. If you put the 17104 on a half ton, you will be too low to the ground with the mount and also hit everything . If you put the 17103 on a 3/4 ton, the a frame will be a too much of an angle and your plow will not trip properly. I have seen people use a 17104 on a half ton truck that has been lifted or running much larger tires. That will help drop the a frame height down to where it should be.
  7. MDHomeSVCS

MDHomeSVCS Junior Member

Sorry to bump an old thread, but it has info I need. Based on this info here, for my 1998 1500 4x4 that has a 2" front leveling kit, should I go for the 2500/3500 mount? Are the truck frames and bolt holes the same?

Thanks again for ALL the help!