1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E60h rebuild

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by AFM Contracting, Dec 11, 2006.

1. AFM Contracting

AFM Contracting Member

how hard is it to rebuild a pump? Is there a detailed guide avaiable on the net? also clasic mount light bar is fused together how can i get it apart.

thanks

2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Click on the Meyer link at the top of the page. Go to Service and Support page. There you can down load the service and repair manual for your pump free of charge....

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

What kind of Light Bar?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I think he meant the lift frame,calling it a light bar confused me at first too! :nod: By the way AFM, did you get it apart?

5. MickiRig1

I take it your trying to get the lift frame out of the truck side mount?
    Persuade it with a little flame wrench heating. You may have to repaint it afterward. Don't get it real hot, just enough to break the rust bound. I have heard they are no picnic to get out.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yep, they can be a real problem to remove after they've been on for years and they where installed without greasing the receiver tube's.A few important tool's for removal are a hammer,hot wrench,fluid film and a truck and a tow strap.

7. AFM Contracting

AFM Contracting Member

I guess it would be the lift frame... but it also has the lights on it too, but yes i did get it apart. what do you guys use to paint these things? primer and tremclad?

thanks for all your help, wasnt much of a problem once i got the torch on it. ill be sure to grease it up real well every time i use it now.

8. MickiRig1

I wire brush it,clean/degrease then 2 coats of rust reformer on just the rusted parts. Then shoot it with rust resistant primer then good anti-rust paint. Remember the temp outside right now. You need at least 50 degrees 70 is better for the best results with spray paint.
    I hang parts on wire,warm them with my radiate propane heater. Then turn the heater off and shoot the paint. I open the garage door and clear out the fumes. After a while I go back to the heater and use it to speed up the drying. That's how I do winter painting if I need to.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Glad to hear you got it apart! I send them out and get them sandblasted if there real rusty,then I usually spray them with gloss black Rustolum as it seem's to hold's up for a good long time and the price is right.