1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E60 won't angle

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Tscape, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

I just put new angle cylinders on. Plow got stuck to the left. I noticed some leaky connectors, tightened them up, topped off fluid. Worked for a bit. Got stuck left again. I thought maybe mechanical bind, backed off bolts on cylinders. That wasn't it. I got a new "C" valve assembly w/coil. Now its stuck to the right. So, I am thinking it is the crossover valve. Can you tell I'm following the troubleshooting guide?

How easy is this to swap? Any tips? I'm going to Angelo's tomorrow and tackling it. Any help is hugely appreciated.
  2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

I would look at the quick connectors on the angle hoses. I have have problems with aftermaket ones causing the same problems. Put the old ones back on and no more problems...
  3. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

Hmmm interesting. Easy enough to check. I'll do it before heading out tomorrow.
  4. starfiresx

starfiresx Member

I have had this problem with my quick connectors last year. thought I was doing my self a favor and putting on all new hoses and quick connectors and they bit me in the butt the day I needed it the most. don't buy cheap ones.

5. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

Well lawnmedic, you were right on. You too, starfiresx. What is really interesting about this story is that I went to my local Carquest to buy them. The guy behind the counter was helpful and nice. We figure out what I needed, 4 pieces total (2 sets) and he totalled me up. I just about fell over when he said, " that'll be $56." Thanks for the help fella, but I am off to Angelo's. He looked pissed. Angelo's had them $7.50 each for a full set. I'm out the door for $15.90!
  6. ZealYouthGuy

ZealYouthGuy Junior Member

I am having the same problem, now I just have to find someone who supplies them "cheap" here in N.E. Ohio.

Anyone know a good supplier of these?
  7. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Tractor Supply has them in their Hydraulic section. 15.00 a set. Also all of the on line supply places have them. There is one in the Cleveland area...