1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E60 Stuck Up - Release Pressure?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Mikeyp, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Mikeyp

Mikeyp Junior Member

This may be a dumb amatuer question - but before I blow my head off accidently.... My Meyer E60 is stuck in the up position. We easily ran the check and determined the "A" solenoid is stuck and will not release. Power, etc. is fine. I have the new part, and went to start replacing it when it occured to me the system must be fully pressurized with the plow up????? Is it? I have never handled it without the plow fully down and all pressure off it. So, my question is, is it safe to remove the solenoid as is, or do I have to release the pressure first at risk of this thing exploding off the assembly and putting a hole in my forehead??? If so, what is the best way to go about it? Thanks for any help you can give.
    Mike P.
  2. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

use a floorjack and take the pressure off of the lift, then take it apart.