1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer e60 slow drop

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jimbuffalony, Dec 7, 2006.

1. jimbuffalony

jimbuffalony Junior Member

I have a meyer's e60 pump, it had a very quick drop, now it creeps down, any ideals?

2. RP AUTO REPAIR

RP AUTO REPAIR Junior Member

Make Sure Valve Is Opening Properly & Hydrolic Cylinder Is Not Rusted Or Scored

3. Plowformoney

Plowformoney Junior Member

First, there is an adjustment cap on the front of the pump, right above the filter. Stick an allen in there and turn it counter clockwise.

Even if that fixes your problem, I'd check all your valves anyway. Take them out and clean them real good.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Be sure to remove and clean the filters too_One of the filters is in the passage way between the lift ram and the A valve. If it gets clogged with trash it will restrict the fluid as it's trying to leave the lift ram.

5. jimbuffalony

how do you clean valves

i have been using this plow for tens years and never serviced this myself, where is the A valve and filter? thanks?

6. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Is there an adjustment on it?

I know our two fisher mm1 with the instact both have a drop speed adjustment on the valve body. but I haven't seen meyer plows since the one we put new on a 85 chev (still plow with it) but thats an under the hood pump,

7. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

On the front of the base there are 2 11/16 plugs the upper one is the drop speed adjustment and the lower one is the filter the A valve is the one under the coil with the black wire

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

While your doin' it remove and clean the plug and filter on the back of the pump too.The plug that the filters behind, look's just like the plugs on the front.

9. jimbuffalony

c valve

ok i went to do this and the nut on the c valve broke off, am i right in that the c valve is $45 us funds, some one know where its cheaper?

10. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

$45 is a very good price for a C must be aftermarket a meyer is over $100