1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E60 pump motor base

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by isellmeyers, Dec 11, 2009.

1. isellmeyers

isellmeyers Junior Member

I am hoping someone here can give me the trick to a situation I have with an E60 Meyer Pump. I have an E60 pump that I took the drive motor off of so I can rebuild the unit. The situation is that the base of the drive motor will not come off of the pump base unit. It is I assume frozen in place from calcium build up between the metals. There is no screws or bolts holding it in place. It is the base that covers the bottom of the drive motor. It should come off once the motor bolts are unscrewed but this is not the case. I have had this problem before and ended up destroying a motor base getting it off. I don't want to do that again. I have tried several chemical losseners but to no avail. Can anyone give me a clue as to how to remove this from the pump without destroying another motor base? Thanks Steve :eek:
  2. isellmeyers

Anyone have this rpoblem or am I the only one? Real scary if I am the only one,lol.
  3. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Wow...It shouldn't be that tight...My E-47 motor came off with a couple of slight taps.
  4. isellmeyers

I should be so lucky I guess,lol. No, I had to smack this one several times to get it to brake lose. Well at least this time I didn't actually brake it just mark it up a bit. Yea if these things aren't taken apart on occassion they become sealed from all the build up of minerials in the condensation inside the pump. I was just hoping there was an easier way of getting the base to brake lose without smashing it all to hell. Oh and the E47 pump motor is a bit different from the E60. The E47 you should really never have a problem with because it sits right on top of the pump and not inside any base ring like the E60 does.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2009