1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E60 Plow Problems like usual

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by DemersCG, Dec 22, 2010.

1. DemersCG

DemersCG Junior Member

Hi Folks, cant stand this :gunsfiring:Meyer plow. bought brand new four years ago and every year it acts up. Heres whats happening this year..................

Plow will not operate. All connections under, and out of the hood have been removed, cleaned, and greased. I mean ALL of them. Key pad has power. When buttons (Left,Right,Up,Down) I hear the solonoid clicking. The pump motor I cannot hear operating. There IS magnetism to all coils when their respective directional pads are pressed. There IS power at the motor post.

Also, there is adequate pump fluid. (1inch below screw bottom with piston retracted)

If anyone has any ideas I would much appreciate it.

Should have bought a Fisher! wesport

-Chris

2. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

sounds like a bad ground. if you have power at the motor you should hear it run. is it a 2 post motor or single?

3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like bad solenoid.

4. DemersCG

DemersCG Junior Member

Sno commander; it is a 2 prong (pos+neg).

I will replace the solenoid just cause its cheap. Go from there. Any other suggestions?

Thanks people, your input is greatly appretiated.

:drinkup::drinkup: Cheers to you all!

5. MSplowing

MSplowing Member
    from Indiana

Put a test light on the out side of the solenoid going to the motor and have someone hit the controller and it will tell you if its the solenoid. Most of the time when solenoid is just clicking it needs replaced.

6. ogill2783

ogill2783 Junior Member

try tapping the motor with a hammer it worked on mine.