1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer e60 just clicks with new motor

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jimbuffalo, Dec 16, 2009.

1. jimbuffalo

jimbuffalo Junior Member

In the summer, I replaced my motor that died, it was a two stud, new motor was a single stud. it worked great for about a month, just now it will not raise or so left/right, will lower. can motor already be shot, got it off of flea bay

2. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Is the motor running when you hit the switch?....If not, the solenoid is likely bad....or wiring

3. jimbuffalo

jimbuffalo Junior Member

where is a solenoid ?

4. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Should be on the other end of the wire that goes on the motor....under the hood. Looks like this......

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Bad idea to replace the twin stud with a single, and an aftermarket no less. Pretty much like going backward.

Run a set of jumper cables to the motor, grounding one cable directly to the motor housing. Will it run now? If not clip your other positive jumper cable to the stud on the motor. Does it now run? If so it's a poor connection or bad under hood solenoid.

But if it doesn't do anything then the motor is shot.

6. jimbuffalo

jimbuffalo Junior Member

Thanks guys, will try this will let you know

7. jimbuffalo

jimbuffalo Junior Member

It was the motor

8. jimbuffalo

jimbuffalo Junior Member

is the solenoid part of the meyers plow or truck? truck starts and runs fine, I did what b & b said thats why I belive its the motor, When I took the motor off, it fell apart, and it looks like one of the bushing springs broke

9. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

The solenoid is part of your plow package...It is mounted under the hood usually and supplies power to the motor.......I think you have found your problem if the motor fell apart.......Was probably a cheapo knockoff.