1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer e60 inop

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dirtmandan2, Nov 28, 2011.

1. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

I have a e60 .. the new motor seems to run just fine by the plow does nothing... so, motor runs but no up left or right... i checked all coils and cleaned all valves. Is there a way to test the pump before i buy a new one???

2. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

Full of Fluid? purged any air?

3. dirtmandan2

Its full of fluid... ive had the pump out, cleaned the filters, pulled ther check valve from behind the pump, blown air through the c and c valves... going to go try taking a pump out of a working plow.... hopefully the motor seperates from the pump...

4. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

If you unchain the plow, will the piston go up? If so, see if you can push it down. If you can push the piston down when it should stay up, then you need to replace the packing cup. I've had that happen to me a couple times. Another one could be the little o-ring between the pump and the mounting plate.

5. dirtmandan2

i have yet to hang the plow... lift ram never moves on its own and been testing angles w a hyd. gauge... have the pump in my hand now, it spins freely and the oring looks just fine

6. dirtmandan2

Finally figured it out... The brand new motor is junk... 12 hours of my life I won't get back