1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer e60 help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jkingston, Feb 4, 2015.

1. jkingston

jkingston Junior Member

i have a 96 f250 with a meyer diamond plow e60 pump.
    currently the plow will not raise anymore then about 3-5 inches off the ground. it angles left and right and lowers fine, it just wont raise. it will raise just fine without the plow attached. anytime i move the plow it has a huge draw on the battery. i understand i need to check the amp draw and will bring it somewhere tonight. we just had 2 big storms and the plow was working ok, it was just really slow anytime i was raising it.
    here's what i have done
    truck has a brand new optima yellow top battery, last year replaced alternator to 140 amp.
    the plow motor was an aftermarket bought off ebay about 3-4 months ago, i just replaced the gear pump because i could not turn it at all with my fingers i had to use pliers to turn it at all, 2 new filters, new hydraulic fluid, new power cables, new hydraulic lines, new couplers, master rebuild seal kit, checked and cleaned all grounds, new plow motor solenoid.
    i tested the pressure, it was at 1400 psi and i was able to raise it to 1700 psi and it will not go any higher no matter how much i turn the screw.
    at a loss, not sure what to do from here. could the aftermarket motor be too weak? need a new pump, sump base, pa block, valves and coils? just looking for some ideas on what i could do myself before bringing it somewhere at $100/hr.
    thank you
  2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Start by cleaning all the power connections. Does motor sound like it is stalling out? Could be motor, solenoid or connections/wiring. Does it stay up when raised or drift down? If motor is new I am gonna guess solenoid or bad connection. Also make sure fluid is full.