1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E60 dual post on motor

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by manrmark, Mar 7, 2010.

1. manrmark

manrmark Junior Member

I bought a new Meyer complete plow pump/power unit years ago and I'm ready to use it.
    This has Dual terminals on the motor?

Why does it have two terminals?

Which terminal is ground and which one is Pos or are they both Pos and the ground would attach to the side of the pump just like on all Meyers power units
    They are labled D1 and A2

2. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

3. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

The new style motor is meant to replace the single stud motor which got it's ground through the case of the motor (and when corrosion got too bad between the motor and end plate , through the gear pump) , it has two studs, A2 is the positive and D1 is negative , there should have been a jumper wire which will go from the D1 terminal (ground) to the sump to ground the solenoid coils.

The new style motor also should include a new motor end plate which goes on the end of the sump , it essentially "re clocks" the motor mounting position so if it ingests any water it will drain out through the proper tube on the bottom of the motor.

Hope this helps

4. manrmark

manrmark Junior Member

Thank you for your reply, this does help me out a lot.