1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MEYER E60 c-8 will not stay in the raised position HELP!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PetalsandPines, Nov 2, 2004.

1. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines Senior Member

Everytime I raise the plow up in the up position it slowly falls back down to the ground after about 30 seconds. I replaced the "A" cartridge, replaced some seals around the piston and the cap....I am at a loss, how else could this be dropping??

2. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Could it be a valve sticking open a bit???

3. PetalsandPines

What would cause the valve to stick open? (Your referring to the "A" cartridge right?)...Funny thing is, this morning it was creeping down slowly, on the way to pick up an "A" cartridge I hit a huge bump that made the plow jump up and down ....After I hit the bump the plow stopped creeping down....Went home....After I replaced the A Cartridge I pulled the housing apart to clean it and check the internals.. *replaced "o" ring at bottom of piston. Now it is creeping down even faster.. :confused: I'm wondering if the packing nut/seal at the bottom of the piston is at fault? would that allow the plow to drop?

4. JMR

JMR Senior Member

I'm betting on the packing seal at the bottom of the piston. It is not to difficult of a replacement.

This may help in your diagnostic process, http://www.angelos-supplies.com/plowparts/trouble.pg

5. PetalsandPines

Problem Fixed!

It was the packing seal at the bottom, the ridge was worn out . Thanks!