1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer e60 block plug shooting out fluid?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by m.$terner, Jan 25, 2016.

1. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

After about 25hours straight of plowing i noticed my plow struggling to do anything. luckily it was my last lot and my last few pushes so i made due. I had my partner hit the controller a couple of time and noticed the plug valve block (pilot check piston nut) was blowing hydraulic fluid into the air . then as i looked around i noticed my entire pump, hoop and hood of my truck was covered in this. It was something that had occured on the last lot because the rest of the night i got out of the truck several times and never noticed it. I know theyre is a o ring inside of the plug and im assuming that it needs to be replaced which im going to to do today but is their any reason it would blow the o ring other than being old? Just want to make sure their is not something else going on before i change out a o ring and try using it again.

2. plowsteve

plowsteve Junior Member

If the plug has been removed recently, I can see the O - ring getting damaged, that not being noticed, and being reinstalled and failing . If not, that's a weird one.