1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E58H Pump Cover?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by JayRod, Jan 6, 2013.

1. JayRod

JayRod Junior Member
    from PA

My dealer said not to use the cover for the new E58 he installed while plowing. He also said to not tape the wires together because they get weighted down and can pull out of the connection. The way they left the wires hanging out and after seeing what happens to the solenoids after long exposer (old e60), I am not convinced that the cover is a bad idea.

Should I consolidate the wires to be more "clean" and less prone to snagging?
    Should I use the pump cover that the unit comes with?

Thanks in advance! ussmileyflag

2. Plow King

Plow King Senior Member

I bought my plow used and it didn't come with a pump cover. I put a pump cover on it and top half off the cover broke off during the first storm - Not sure how it happened but it didnt even last one good storm.

3. chevy2500meyer

chevy2500meyer Member

i have the e58h with the solid plastic cover and love it sheilds a majority of the sale and grime from the road. the only compaint i have with it is you have to slide the lift arm off to drain it. and the wires i have them under the cover again sheilds the plugs dont forget to wd40 the weatherpack connectors then wipe em down and throw a little lithium white grease on em. other than that have any questions i will be more than happy to ask.

4. JayRod

JayRod Junior Member
    from PA

Thanks man, will do. Any reason the dealer said not to cover it at all?
    I got some fluid film for the connections too.

5. chevy2500meyer

chevy2500meyer Member

I know the older e60/e60h had a rubber slide over cover and it would trap moisture underneath and also they got stuck(suctioned on) and you would have to cut them off. I've never used fluid film buy I hear its a great product. And does it have the square or round plug connection for the truck/plowside?

6. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Problem with pump covers is that they do NOT keep anything out, but they DO keep crap IN.

7. JayRod

JayRod Junior Member
    from PA

Yeah the square box is truck side. Thought that looked wrong, but I think it is complete sh** that you have to take the lift arm off to put the cover over it.....

8. chevy2500meyer

chevy2500meyer Member

Make sure you keep that plug clean and watch the pins I worked for a dealer and every year with replaced a few of those. Its was the square or the newer round plug. Both junk imo