1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E47

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Arealgentleman2, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Arealgentleman2

Arealgentleman2 Junior Member
    from NH

I just got this truck with the Meyers plow Model E47. Everything seems to work but when I want to lift the plow. The plow wont go up. It moves left and right fine and When I have the plow up there doesn't seem to be any drop of the blade. But the blade just doesn't seem to be able to go up! Can anyone give me an idea in which direction I should be looking in?

2. mak

mak Junior Member

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Which controls do you have?

Check to see if the 12 motor solenoid is being activated when you try to raise it. It could be a bad switch or disconnected wire at the switches

4. Arealgentleman2

Arealgentleman2 Junior Member
    from NH

E47

The arm does go up with out the plow but with the plow it doesn't seem to be able to lift it!

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

So the motor runs, good so could be a couple things, tired pump, stuck Pressure relief valve (PR). It stays up once it goes up? doesn't drift down? you're sure it's full of fluid?

Link to trouble shooting guide

http://www.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/1-634 R2.pdf

If you go to my web page and click the meyer link you get a list of all the technical documents for your plow.

6. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

Could send it to Angelo's. Rebuilt my E-47, it looks and works like brand new. They specialize in rebuilding power units & seem to really know Meyer stuff. Now is the time to do it during the slack season. If you want to spend the $$$ and not have to do it for yourself that is.