1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer e47 wiring

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by nofearpi, Dec 1, 2002.

1. nofearpi

nofearpi Junior Member

I'm confused with the wiring for a e47 pump.Is there a chassis ground and a wire going to the battery? Or does the chassis ground go to the battery. The plow I bought had very little wiring. Thanks for your help. Great site!

2. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

the chassis ground would go to the chassis, i would think?

3. nofearpi

nofearpi Junior Member

wiring

I have that wire on the chassis and I have no power at all.

4. snow_man_48045

snow_man_48045 Senior Member

The cable ground from the pump goes to the negative terminal of the battery.:)

5. nofearpi

nofearpi Junior Member

wiring

So is there one wire to the battery on negative and one to the chassis or just to the battery?

6. snow_man_48045

I go look at my truck and reply. It was installed by a perfessional. I have a meyers E-60

7. paul soccodato

you should have the ground on the frame, a power cable going from the battery to the solenoid, and one more from the other terminal on the solenoid, to the motor

8. snow_man_48045

The negative from the pump goes to the negative on the battery, and the posative goes to the soleinoid, then from the soleinoid to the pos. of the battery. That how its done on my truck by a Meyer Dealer here in the Detroit, MI area.

9. nofearpi

nofearpi Junior Member

I have a wire from the solenoid to the battery and then a wire that connects directly to the pump. And I hve a ground on the frame, but no power

10. paul soccodato

you also need another wire to go from the solenoid to your plow controls

11. nofearpi

nofearpi Junior Member

I have one wire from the switch to the battery and then another wire from the switch to the solenoid. No power

12. nofearpi

nofearpi Junior Member

Still no power. should I run the wire to the fusebox instead of directly to the battery?

13. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Meyer Wiring

Tell me what wiring you have, and let's start this wiring install from the beginning. Or if you have a fax machine I'll send you the wiring diagrams. :rolleyes: John

14. nofearpi

nofearpi Junior Member

My fax # is 1-800-240-7547, any help would be great

15. Garagekeeper

Install Directions

Your install directions should be there by now. Any more problems e-mail me and I'll try to help you out. :rolleyes: John

16. nofearpi

nofearpi Junior Member

problem solved

thanks for all the help, The problem was a bad connection. I took someones advice and busted out the sandpaper. I cleaned the connection from the solenoid to the harness. I hhooked the battery back up and it worked great..

Next problem. when I go up and down with the plow or left or right there is a major draw of power, it dims the lights big time. I have a 97 1500 suburban with a 350. do I need a bigger alternator or a dual battery set up/ thanks for all the help

17. Garagekeeper

Current Draw Test

Before you go and start changing all your electrical parts on your truck have a amp draw test done while operating your plow motor. Your unit shouldn't draw more then about 140 amps lifting your plow on a 30 degree day. Feel the cables after running the plow up and down five or six times, if they get warm the motor may be the problem. You could still have poor connections, did you connect the ground to the battery or your frame? If you have it to the frame move it to the battery before you have the small factory grounds melt or burn up. The factory ground wiring to the frame and body was not designed to handle this type of current draw. Meyer motors have a habit of freezing up in the bushings causing extreme current draw, if you want you can carefully remove the motor and and spin the shaft, if it moves hard you can pull it apart and clean up the shaft and the bushings and then give the bushings a shot of oil. John

18. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

Meyers recomends that you connect the ground on the pump with a star washer and run it directly to the neg bat terminal.

19. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

E47 Wiring diagram

i found the wiring diagram that might help you on a website

www.snowplowing-contractors.com

if you cant find it send me your fax # ill fax it ti you

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!

20. snow_man_48045

Thank you, Somone finally agress with the guy from Detoit that the nagative always goes to the batter on a Mayer's. Always run meyer, have an E-47, and E-60. When the motor started to go on the e-47 last year there was huge increase in current draw, and the truck has a 95 amp alternator. Has no A/C or power windows, so that gives the plow plenty when functioning properly.
    So wish u well, and let us now how it turns out.