1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E47 Very Slow Angle To Right

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by mtnxtreme, Jan 25, 2011.

1. mtnxtreme

mtnxtreme Member

I've got a 1989 vintage E47 8' plow. When I turn to the right it goes very slow, if I watch from outside while someone is activating the stick, it will go very slow and sometimes abt. 3/4 of the way there it will all of a sudden go fast. The motor sounds like it struggles to push the fluid, gets a little hot. I've got 2 new angle cylinders and a new electric motor. I was using the blue fluid, don't remember the brand, but it worked better overall in cold weather, now using regular generic plow oil as I can't find the blue stuff anymore, so it was the same with either oil. So the oil is also pretty new, but I always had the problem going right,, any ideas??

2. 97S104x4

97S104x4 Senior Member

could be a bad ground maybe? does it only do it when you go to the right? may also be the crossover relief valve

3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

bad quick coupler. guess which side?

4. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Loop the angle hoses together and raise the plow off of the ground , try to move it side to side by hand and see if there is a hard spot that it gets to while angling to the right , might be a worn spot on the sector causing a bind condition while angling to the right .

Was the C valve ever taken out and the valve and passage cleaned ?

Quick coupler is a very good suggestion, might pay to swap them out , especially if they have seen some years.

TOM

5. mtnxtreme

mtnxtreme Member

6. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

After a lot of years of pushing the sector's nice curved arc can become disformed , resulting in a "hard" spot when the plow tries to trun left and right.

The sector is the part that attaches to the plow via the pivot pins and the A frame attaches to it via the king bolt.

Beings the rams are new it could be a bent ram (I have seen them bent from new unfortunently).

The test I described above will rule out the plow itself if it turns sided to side free with the hoses looped together. If it turns side to side free I would go for quick couplers next , followed by a good flush and cleaning.

TOM